2019 Pre-Fair Junior Exhibitor Information
Spring tagging for market hogs, lambs, goats and dairy beef feeders is April 20 9am-noon
Jr. Fair registrations for dogs and horses (on paper) is due May 1
Jr. Fair registration online for all other species is due May 15
Livestock Skillathon Judging is required for all Jr. Fair Exhibitors (including 4-H and FFA) and will take place June 6 & 7 11am-8pm
Junior Fair Livestock Online Registration DUE May 15, 2019
CLICK HERE for instructions to register Junior Fair Livestock Online
LOTS OF CHANGES FOR 2019!
Check the Pickaway County OSU Extension Youth Development website regularly for all of the most updated information
2019 Livestock Requirement Summary
2019 Livestock Shows
Sunday, June 16 @ 1pm - Junior & Open Dairy Cattle Show (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Monday, June 17 @ 8:30am - Junior Fair Market Swine Show (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Monday, June 17 @ 4pm - Junior Fair Swine Showmanship (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Monday, June 17 @ 1pm - Junior Fair Llama Show (Show Pavilion)
Monday, June 17 @ 1pm - Dog Show (PCAS Heritage Hall/south)
Tuesday, June 18 @ 8:30am - Junior Fair Sheep Show/market followed by breeding (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Tuesday, June 18 @ 8:30am - Junior Fair Poultry Show/market followed by breeding (location tbd)
Tuesday, June 18 @ 9am - Junior Fair Horse Show (Show Pavilion)
Tuesday, June 18 @ 2:00pm - Junior Fair Goat Show/market followed by breeding (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Wednesday, June 19 @ 8:30am - Junior Fair Beef Show, including Fat Dairy Steers, Dairy & Beef Feeders/market followed by breeding (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Wednesday, June 19 @ 9am - Junior Fair Horse Show...musical free-style, gaited & fun classes (Show Pavilion)
Thursday, June 20 @ 8:30am - Junior Fair Rabbit Show/market followed by breeding (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Thursday, June 20 @ 9am - Junior Fair Horse Show (Show Pavilion)
Friday, June 21 @ 9am - Junior Fair Showman of Showmen Contest (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Friday, June 21 @ 1pm - PeeWee Hog Showmanship (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Friday, June 21 @ 4pm - Junior Fair Livestock Judging Contest (PCAS Heritage Hall/north)
Move-in...Saturday, June 15, 2019
Please come prepared with patience, understanding, an attitude of grace, constructive solutions and team work!! With the brand new buildings and set-up come brand new procedures. Senior Fair Board and Livestock & Sale Committee are planning the most efficient and smooth move-in procedure and set-up. Familiarize yourself with the move-in expectations and plan accordingly now so that we can assure a safe, smooth, quick and efficient move-in experience for all!
- Be prepared to unload animals ONLY and keep moving as soon as they're placed in their pen(s)! It is encouraged to move tack boxes in Friday. Any tack brought in Saturday will need to be carried from the parking lot! The streamlined process of unloading animals will not allow time for unloading tack while animals are moved in to keep things moving quickly and efficiently!
- Drug Use Notification Form (DUNF) is required for every market animal.
- Scrapie ID tags required for all sheep and goats that are sexually intact. Includes ewes & bucks for sheep, does and bucks for goats.
- Rabbits and poultry (except turkeys) will be carried in from parking lot
- NO POULTRY prior to Saturday, June 15 @ 8am (use inside drive or carry in from parking lot). Poultry arrival will take place between 8am-11am. Weigh-in and required pullorum paperwork will take place upon arrival.
- NO HOGS prior to Saturday, June 15 @ 8am (use outside drive). Hog arrival will take place between 8am-1pm. Hogs are to stay in trailers until vet and livestock & sale committee member have cleared them for entrance into barn. Weigh-in will take place starting at 4pm on Saturday, June 15.
- HORSE move-in is Saturday, June 15 2pm-9pm (use inside drive).
- ALL OTHER SPECIES (not listed above) are asked to wait for move-in after 2pm on Saturday, June 15.
- All animals must be in place by 9pm Saturday, June 15.
- NO TRAILERS are permitted to be parked in the parking lot. Violators will be towed.
2019 Junior Fair Exhibitor Information
Saturday, June 15 - poultry weigh-in upon arrival (between 8am-11am) - Hog weigh-in @ 4pm
Sunday, June 16 @ 12:30pm - REQUIRED Livestock Jr. Exhibitor Meeting & showmanship sign-up (location tbd)
Sunday, June 16 @ 1pm - ALL SPECIES WEIGH-IN in barns (hog weigh-in takes places Sat 6/15 @ 4pm, poultry weigh-in takes place Sat 6/15 upon arrival between 8am-11am)
Tuesday, June 18 6:30am-8am - Release of designated "take-home" market hogs ONLY
(date tbd) - Market Animal Designation (time tbd) in Sale Committee Office (location tbd)
Saturday, June 22 7am-9am - Release of market animals designated as "take-homes" and breeding animals ONLY (except swine and horses)
ODA Livestock Exhibition Rules
Thank you 2018 Junior Fair Livestock Sale Buyers!
We appreciate your support!
Mail payment to: Pickaway County Livestock & Sale Committee PO Box 334, Ashville, OH 43103
2018 Livestock & Sale Committee
2019 Livestock Bill of Sale
The 2019 Junior Livestock Sale will be on Saturday, June 22 at 10am. Registration starts at 9am at the Livestock Committee Office at the south end of PCAS Heritage Hall.
Click here to register as a buyer for the 2019 Livestock Sale NOW!
THANK YOU to the 2018 Pickaway County Junior Fair Livestock Buyers!