COVID-19 REQUIREMENT FOR ALL JR. FAIR EXHIBITORS
In compliance with the State of Ohio Responsible Restart County Fairs order issued effective June 2, 2020 all occupants entering the gates will be asked daily symptom questions to assess health. Pickaway County Public Health has requested that all Jr. fair exhibitors print off and complete a COVID-19 Pre-Screening form to be collected upon arrival. Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, runny/stuff nose, short of breath, loss of taste or smell, nausea and vomiting) and/or has been exposed to anyone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must stay home.
JR. FAIR EXHIBITOR COVID-19 PRE-SCREENING FORM
2021 Pickaway County Fair & Ohio State Fair are RACTOPAMINE-FREE
AFFIDAVIT IS REQUIRED TO ACCOMPANY EVERY PIG AT WEIGH-IN. PRINT OFF, FILL OUT COMPLETELY, HAVE REQUIRED PARTY(IES) SIGN. EACH PIG MUST HAVE FORM.
PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN
Ohio Ag Net
Ohio Pork Council
2021 Pre-Fair Junior Exhibitor Information
Quality Assurance Training is required annually for all junior fair exhibitors (4-H and FFA) with market or lactating animals. DUE MAY 1, 2021
For livestock quality assurance (QA) for the 2021 year only:
QA must still be completed by May 1, 2021. Youth livestock exhibitors (8-18) may take the online YQCA certification.
What does this mean for Pickaway Junior Fair Exhibitors?
- All market/lactating livestock project members are required to go on-line and complete YQCA Training and Quiz at http://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login (sign in as an independent). There is a cost of $12 per exhibitor. In order for the on-line training to count, each youth must complete the module and quiz that is the correct age as of January 1 for the youth.
Once YQCA training is complete, email your PDF or photo of certificate to email@example.com. After May 1 the Extension Office will notify advisors of any members currently incomplete in their training.
Project possession date for all species except chickens & rabbits: April 15
Spring tagging for market hogs, lambs, goats and dairy beef feeders will take place April 17th, 2021
Jr. Fair registrations for dogs and horses (on paper) is due May 1
Project possession date for market chickens & rabbits is May 15
Junior Fair Livestock Online Registration (market and breeding animals, excludes dogs and horses) Due May 15:
The online system for entries for the 2021 Pickaway County Fair will again be utilized. Entries are required for all animal projects, as well as showmanship. Livestock & Sale Committee will email advisors login information to check their club members submissions. Entries must be completed on pickaway.fairmanager.com
- Review your entries before completing registration as you cannot log back in to update entries.
- Each exhibitor can bring no more than a total of 10 animals to the fair, only 5 market animals are allowed per exhibitor
- Showmanship classes are by exhibitor's age, as of Jan. 1. NOT by years in project.
- Junior (Age 8 AND 3rd grade - 10 years)
- Intermediate (11-13 years)
- Senior (14-18 years)
- All county born and raised animals must be bred, born AND raised in Pickaway County. Check mark the box asking if it is Pickaway County Born and Raised.
- If you are taking 2 market rabbits, you must submit 2 entries - one per rabbit.
- NO tag number is needed for Market Swine, Market Goats, Market Lambs, or Dairy Beef Feeders. For sheep and goats, scrapie tags numbers are required to be entered.
NEW for 2021:
- There is a late fee of $25 per late entry from May 22- June 18. No entries will be accepted starting June 19.
- ALL junior fair checks will be mailed for the 2021 fair. Enter the address where you would like the check mailed to when creating account. If address needs changed for check, email the Livestock Sale Committee by Aug. 1.
Questions, corrections or additions should be emailed to the Livestock & Sale Committee.
CLICK HERE for instructions to register Junior Fair Livestock Online
Livestock Skillathon Judging - a separate Skillathon Judging event will take place June 10th and 11th. Early judging will take place June 2, 2021.
Fair Move-in Saturday, June 19. See Fair Week Jr. Fair Exhibitor Info for more information
Check the Pickaway County OSU Extension Youth Development website regularly for all of the most updated information
2021 Livestock Requirement Summary